King Size Bed - Most Comfortable Size Pillows?

Our new king size bed comes Sat. and the few times in the past I have slept on king size pillows, I wasn't impressed. Maybe the brand/styles weren't the best quality? Can anyone recommend some comfortable brands of king size pillows, or do folks w/king size beds use std size pillows for sleeping and the king size for dressing the bed?

Sorry if this is a really lame question, but I really don't want to waste my $$ buying all sorts of extra pillows we don't need, especially this time of year. Thanks in advance for your help!

Favorite Answer

I think you should sleep on the pillows you are comfortable with. The only problem you might run into is if you buy king size sheet sets, you'll get a couple of pillowcases you can't use. If you'd rather sleep with standard size pillows, go for it. I have a king size bed, and do sleep with the king pillows, but I like standards better and find the king pillows cumbersome.

Well you need to buy some king size for looks if nothing else. You just need to test some pillows out for firmness and figure out what you like. I also like European pillows on the bed (oversized square ones, good for propped up tv watching).

I now use a small temperpedic pillow which isn't visible when the bed's made. Before that I just slept on the king size.

I use the king size pillows just for looks. They look good with shams and a matching comforter. I sleep with two standard pillows. In Wal-mart and some other stores you can buy top and bottom sheets separately.

I just prefer the smaller pillows. You must too.

Source(s): mo5k