I'm going from La Jolla to Mission Valley (San Diego), what's the best route to avoid traffic around 5:30PM?

Favorite Answer

you best source would be to look at a map program that has the ability to show traffic. I think yahoo has this feature. Right before you leave, check if there's traffic. Im not sure where in la jolla you are leaving from, but if you see that there is little traffic on 5 south and 8 east (i think) then that might be best. Or go 805 south (you may have to go through 52 E first) and go through the 163 and exit on friars (or whichever exit in mission valley). But like side streets, such as the 101 (pacific highway) or gennese, are sometimes just as packed or are ridiculously long, respectively.

good luck

I think the honest answer is that there is no "best" route, since there are many alternatives and the conditions change continuously. Best thing you can do is check the traffic conditions on the web before you go.

What seems true for me is that by the time I get on the 5 or the 805 the conditions may have already changed. So my solution so to check the conditions from my phone. There's a site that is made to be viewed on a small screen like a cell phone, http://www.sdroads.com/ gives me what I need on the go. There's no ads or images so it loads fast.

Hope that helps!

guy that's amazing i like l. a. Jolla. i think of they have some amazing scuba and snorkeling section. i like the waves in Ocean coastline. Pacific coastline has a severe high quality coastline, yet i don't advise residing there b/c that is basically to crowded. Imperial coastline is severe high quality i think of, besides the fact that it rather is almost a greater undesirable and run down section. in case you reside in l. a. Jolla they have some very uncomplicated waves. areas of l. a. Jolla do not. So right here is the thank you to sum it up. i like Ocean coastline. they have severe high quality waves just about 3 hundred and sixty 5 days around and it rather is to not crowded and it is not a foul part of city. Solana coastline is severe high quality and has a delightful and severe high quality little procuring section and a severe high quality coastline. it rather is a touch farther north than you're actually. Imperial coastline is severe high quality and to not crowded and has some severe high quality strolling factors and a rather severe high quality coastline. i like all the seashores. I even have been to all of them as much as Solana. i like l. a. Jolla too. they're all severe high quality. sturdy good fortune