Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 decade ago

Redefining best friends. Help!?

So this guy and i met over a year ago, and he's now my very best friend in the whole world. We're literally inseperable; it's the kind of friendship where we can honestly say "I love you" and we both want what's best for the other. But lately...like, I've been realizing that I love him as more than a friend. And I want to tell him, I've tried dropping subtle hints, but he's completely oblivious. Either that, or he's avoiding it because it's awkward. He told me once that he had a crush on me, but that was awhile ago. What in the world should I do? Like, this friendship means way too much to me to lose. But it's driving me crazy...

Favorite Answer

Well.... my boyfriend and I were friends for over a year too. He loved me the entire time, but I didn't love him like that. One day, he asked to hang out with me so I said sure. That day, my feelings for him appeared outta nowhere. We've been together for 9 1/2 months now.

Sure, it was awkward at first. But it's a good feeling that you know the person and are already comfortable with that person.

Don't think about "losing the friendship" because if you two end up together and it doesn't work out, if there's a friendship there to begin with, it won't go away.

A great friendship is the way to a great love.

I think you should ask to hang out with him one day... just the 2 of you and see where things go from there. Maybe you 2 will get to talking about the 2 of you and where your relationship is going. Maybe his feelings may arise like what happened to me. You'll never know if you don't try.

If it's meant to be, it will be. Don't worry. God has a plan for you.

heh same situation here. i love my best friend to death, but i think we are both afriaid of going to the next step. she's always telling me im the best thing that ever happened to her and that she does love me, but not in a bf kind of way i guess; more like a brother maybe? her relationships never last too long and almost everytime its the guy whos a complete jerk. im tired of seeing her down about these kinda guys. i think one of these days i may just tell her that i think we should be more because we'll never no what the relationship could turn into with out trying. ive told her before how i felt and she told me she just wanted to be friends. like i said i think it may be time to put fear aside because if you never cross that line you'll never know how beautiful the other side could be.

Just tell him that your feelings for him are moving on deeper than 'being friends'. Tell him how much he means to you. Open up. You might be surprised, he may be waiting on a sign from you! Give love a chance....

Tell him u'd like to b more than friends. But go slow don't try to speed things up

whoa that sounds exactly whats happening to me right now... except reversed. i dunno. maybe you may want to stay slow, remain good friends for longer. then eventually just ask him on a "casual" date or something. that way...if he feels the same way, he'll date you. but if he doesn't, you still got a really great friend.

that's something like i was gunna do with a very good friend of mine, whom i love to death. hopefully it works out for both of us.