What can I do to get to sleep at night and have energy during the day?

I drink 3 glasses of wine and take 2 excederin pm's at night to go to sleep and it still takes me 4 hours after taking the medicine to fall asleep. I have to take a B complex and sometimes a cup of cappuccino to have energy during the day. I do work out twice a week because I'm trying to lose weight. I just want to go to sleep at night when I lay down and have energy in the morning when I wake up with out barbituates. Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

Insomnia (sleeplessness) is due to stress, dietary and medical

problems. By making small lifestyle changes like having a fixed

daily routine, relaxing and eating properly, insomnia can be

cured. I found the information at http://tinyurl.com/jfzpz useful

for getting sleep.

well it may be difficute but it just sounds like a schedual conflix

and it may be hard to give up a week of your social life but you'll have to weight it out and see what you want more! 1 week with out a social life or a life time with this problem you posted!

1 if your bed time is now set for10pm and youdon't fall asleep until 2am then you need to go to bed at 6pm yeah it may be pointless to give up that 4 hours but for a week it will be worth it!

*****don't take excedrein and drink!**** will give you problems !

you will fall a sleep by 10pm if you do this! according to what you have stated!

now when you wake up eat a peice of fruit! that cappuccino is not working the greast so don't do it!

is seems to me that the caffinee is taking a while to leave your body so try a week with out it!

You may be tired and crumpy untill you get in the habit of this!

when you wake up tell yourself out load in a merror that you will fall right asleep when you go to bed tonite! and say that to yourself through the day at least 5 times! TRUST ME it works!

and before you go to bed! only focus on how much engery you will have when you wake up.. try for a week! chances are your over stressed and it's just playing games with you! stand firm with yourself and your unconsiousness and do it! :)

good luck!

take up meditation it may help too!

most people fall asleep durning the first 15 minutes so it may even help you sleep !

good luck

I like Tylenol PM. It works well for me, I even wash it down with a Pepsi. I usually take it about 8 and go to bed around 10:30 or 11.

Good luck, I know insomnia is an evil thing!!

You dont say how long this has been a prob, but you are on the right track.

Eat well & excesise, no caffine after 3pm and try a more weekly work outs as the wieght may trigger snorring that may give you trouble sleeping.

cut out all caffeine, and go to bed early (before 10) and get up early (by 6 AM).

Also, exercise regularly. Do it three or four times a week for a half hour. Vigorous exercise (like running a mile or so, or playing a couple of games of basketball (with lots of running). Or cardio where you really get your heart pumping for 20 minutes or so). .

on top of this, eat healthy, cut out all the junk food.

good luck and God bless you.

ive had good luck with a product called legatrin...its actually made for nighttime relief of leg cramps (which it also helps) is not habit forming (i use it on average once a week or less) and ive never woke up the next morning with that "drugged" feeling that sleeping pills have caused

Try to relax and clear your mind when you are going to bed , the main reason for not sleeping easily is an alerted mind .

drink hott milk at night