What if I decline a job change here at work?

It would mean working in a different building, sharing an office, more work and being in the same area with some person that I unfortunately detest. Doesn't sound too good does it when I currently enjoy the work I'm doing, my office & co-workers. There's been no mention of a raise in this either, just more work.

Favorite Answer

Just let your managers know that it is a direction you don't want to take your career or make sure you sit down with your manager that and make sure they tell you what kind of raise you will be getting (to make it worth your wild).

There is no harm in professionally writing out the very reasons you outline in your question. Do not name the person you detest. Explain that for your maximum work performance, you function better in a semi private office. Mention that you are comfortable working with whom and where you are. You are obviously a good worker, or else they wouldn.t be asking you to help take up the slack at the proposed new location. Be professional and I wish you the very best.

wouldn't it have been better to have asked that question when you were told about the job change ? are you even sure you have this option of declining ? maybe they are downsizing and if you refuse you could have your job eliminated all together...good luck......