Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Does anyone feel that Vince Carter....?

Does any one feel that Vince Carter is really a repectable guy for what he did in Toronto?

Many people have told me that he purposely didn't play well on the Raptors because of his discontent with his team and the city.

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

I loss respect for VC, simply because he chose to handle the situation like a child, and not like the man he wanted to be treated like. As children, we were not rewarded for throwing temper tantrums, or pouting. Those of us that were ended up as spoiled maladjusted adults. Vince Carter not only hampered his productivity, but the productivity of the whole franchise. I don't respect anyone who doesn't take pride in what they do, and VC voluntarily played below his potential until the organization couldn't take it anymore. Not only did his point average drop by 10pts., but he also played games where he refused to dunk, and only took jump shots. All athletes that behave in this manner make it hard for others to argue against the common sentiment that athletes are pampered, and not held to the same societal standards as those of us without 40in. verticals, 350lb. bench presses, or 4.4 40 times.

I can't respect VC, and I disagree with others who say that it was a good move for the team. VC forced their hand, and I don't know if you've ever hand your hand forced, but that's never good.

Vince didn't do anything different that any other pissed athlete does when they want off a team. He was wrong, but Tracy McGrady did the same thing when he wanted out of Orlando. Alonzo Mourning is the worst in recent years. He forced trades from New Jersey & Toronto, demanded & received guaranteed money from both teams, and basically got paid for nothing. The funny thing is that New Jersey recovered somewhat by getting Vince, and Zo did as much to make the Raptors the joke they are now as Vince did by forcing a trade.

Yeah, he was the human highlight reel of this generation. After the year of injuries, he was discontented with losses, maybe having some problems with the coach, and thus wanted to be traded so he went to NJ. He just felt that he did everything he thought was right, but ended up that all was wrong. So he wanted a trade.

Still, Id prefer Toronto Carter over NJ Carter. Sure he may have winning records and scoring a lot more points, but He just isn't the same Carter we all loved and obsessed about after the 2000 All-Star Game.

It is true that he stop playing hard in Toronto (He was averaging about 15 points before he got traded, then after he was traded, he was averaging 25 points.) While I do believe he responded in the wrong manner, I do feel that it was a good move for both the Franchise and for Carter. Neither really suffered, but unfortunately I believe Carter alienated himself from the Toronto Fans that adored him so much. He started several All Star games, because of those fans.

If that's true then NO.

no