What if your boyfriend was killed in a car crash , how would you get over is ? He was my frist lover ?

Favorite Answer

My late boyfriend passed away while I was pregnant with our daughter, That was nearly 7 years ago. You will never get over it but it does get a little bit easier every year. I'm now engaged and extremely happy, but at the time of his death I never thought I would know what it feels like to be happy and in love again. My advice to you is speak to people I found that people didn't want to talk about him in case they upset me but all I wanted to do was talk about him. Find a good Dr and a shrink. Time is the only thing that will help. Dont rush into a new realationship as I will not work out as the new lover wont be your past lover.

Hi Heather,

I was unsure, did you mean your first lover has been killed in a car crash? If so, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I lost my boyfriend in a car accident, many years ago. I grieved so hard for him and never thought I'd get on with my life.

My dad made me realise that my boyfriend wouldn't have wanted me to give up on life. He was the sort of bloke who would say live every moment! I can look back on our time with special memories and still remember him. It took a long time, but I did move on.

My thoughts are with you at this time.

• I don't even want to think about my boyfriend getting in a car crash AT ALL! I'm sorry if this has happened to you, only time can heal the pain you are having. I know right now it seems like the pain will never heal but it will, I promise and the memories will always remain in your heart.

Everyone's method of grieving is different, but I can tell you what I WOULD NOT do......and that is get involved in another relationship soon after. Whatever you choose to do (join a forum with persons with similar experiences, counselling, etc.), ensure that you are indeed over your loss before moving on. Men get bruised egos from being compared to someone who is no longer alive.

I am so sorry for your loss. You will never get over. The pain will just slowly ease with time until you can move on. But you won't forget him

See a shrink honey, not ask america on yahoo what you should do.....you will have some long term effects if you dont get some counseling NOW!!!

i don't think i'll ever get over it

wait until your heart heal*********

that is so sad