Went to cinema tonight - is it usual to get your handbag searched now?

Haven't been to the cinema for a long time. Was really surprised to be asked by the door man tongiht if he could look inside my handbag. Obviously, it's a security thing but.....it was just a glance,..reminded me what it was like here in Belfast once, when everywhere you went your bag was searched. What I want to know is - is this bag glancing thing common in all cinemas throughout UK now?

Favorite Answer

Yes.

I don't know about the UK., but here you can decline the search, but also the company can decline your admittance. Without probable cause, a warrant or your permission the search is illegal. Sometimes upholding your rights can also be a pain in the a*s. If you refuse, they might think that you have something to hide, call the police, police arrive, want to look into your bag, you decline, they take you, take your purse / bag, search it, itemize it, and return it. In that case, someone will still be looking into your bag.