Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

how can i get more flexible?

how can i make myself more felxible, i stretch everyday. and i go to gymnastics once a week. and in gym i stretch more than anyone. but girls who dont even stretch can do spilts.

Favorite Answer

i have no idea, but as a red-blooded american guy i implore all females to investigate the fine art of flexibility. good times.

girls that can do the splits and place their ankles behind their ears ROCK!!!!

good luck

I don't know what your age is, but the difficulties get more pronounced with age. I'm 64 now, and I've been doing Hatha Yoga for 30+ years. It's been a life saver for me, litterally. I'm more flexible, my mind is clearer, my spirit is rejuvenated. I do about 2 sessions a day, 80-minutes each.

I'm within 10-pounds of my highschool weight.

Along with my Yoga, I've cleaned-up my diet. I leave red meat alone, eat chicked occasionally. Drink lots of water ! Vitamin E and C, plus a multi is a good idea.

Start now if you are young. The benefits go way beyond the physical. It affects your morale in a positive way, and you feel good about yourself and the world.

some people can just DO the splits. its genetic... kinda. you need to start in a lunge and press your hips into the floor. then straighten your front leg and reach toward your toes. then slide down into your splits. eventually you should get your splits down, but have a coach slowly press you down sometimes, thats how i got my middles: my coach sat on me every practice...

go to gymnastics more than once a week,

try yoga.