on a physical form when it sais under male pubertal changes "tanner"...what does tanner mean?
i was looking over a friends physical form, and under pubertal changes "tanner" it said III what does that mean?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Tanner is the name of the classification system used to grade the changes as one grows. there are upto 4 grades in this system. if you want to know more about it search the net or simply ask a doctor near you!
- Doctor WhyLv 71 decade ago
The 'Tanner scale' is a measure of sexual development. There are five stages and they correspond to different things for men and women. For a man, the stages are:
- I - prepubertal (testicular volume less than 1.5 ml; small penis)
- II - testicular volume between 1.6 and 6 ml; skin on scrotum thins, reddens and enlarges; penis length unchanged
- III - testicular volume between 6 and 12 ml; scrotum enlarges further; penis begins to lengthen
- IV - testicular volume between 12 and 20 ml; scrotum enlarges further and darkens; penis increases in length and circumference
- V - testicular volume greater than 20 ml; adult scrotum and penis
So clearly the doctor was making an assessment along this scale. Hopefully you found a number or notes, too... just the word 'Tanner' isn't very informative!
Hope that helps!Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanner_stages
- tamumdLv 51 decade ago
pediatric sexual developement is divided into stages. For example, genital and axillary hair, breast bud or breast developement etc. These stages are described by a system named Tanner. Tanner I prepubertal, Tanner II early breast bud developement etc....
- hwfiedlerLv 51 decade ago
Never heard of it and I've been a physician many years. By the way, medical records are protected by privacy laws.Source(s): Experience