obtain my medical records?

how do I find my medical history? (records)

• tamumd
    Favorite Answer

Go to the drs office and/or medical records dept at the last hospital you were in, and request a copy of your records. It may take some time and a copying fee to get these. Usually you have to do this via a written request and usually in person with an ID.

You need the names and addresses of doctors whom you have seen and hospitals where you were treated. You may need to ask your mother or other family member for childhood info. Then you may contact these people and places for copies of your records. They will need to mail or fax to you copies of permission forms for you to sign and have notarized. This is to be sure your records are not released without your permission. Also, if you are currently seeing a doctor, that office has forms you can sign. Then they can send to those places for copies of the records. There will be a fee of a few dollars for the copies.