Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Is it true that mice can flatten themselves to such a small size they can fit through the hole in a biro lid?

That's what my mother thinks and I need to prove her wrong. Abusive answers please.

GO!!!

Favorite Answer

No it isn't they can get through pretty small spaces but not that small. I should know I work with mice at the zoo and am in control of securing the enclosures. Who ever told you that is winding you up and listening to too many old wives tales!

P.S - Don't believe anything mother's tell you they make stuff up!

Best Answer? Might aswell it doesn't really mean anything and it's not a real question. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours if you catch my drift. wink. wink.

• 6 years agoReport

IF people has A N Y common sense they would know it's impossible for a mouse to go through a hole the size of a biro. If N O W thats I F a mouse can go through a hole the size of a biro then surly it could crawl up the inside of a biro?
      That's not logic.

First of all, i don't know what a biro lid is but a mouse can flatten it's head to under 1/4 inch. I've seen it happen, even the whole body.

• 6 years agoReport

Too many old wives tales red don't you think? lol

what is a biro? anyway, it is true that mice can flatten themselves to get thru very tight places. rats can do it to. they have very flexible rib cages. i watched a special on discovery that showed how a medium-large sized rat navigated its way thru a sewer system, up the pipes and into someone's fourth floor toilet. they used a toilet that was cut in half, the inside kind of resembles a maze-it has very narrow turns & the pipes are very small in width. i watched this rat go thru the toilet's pipes like it was nothing.

sorry to say, but mom was right.

• 6 years agoReport

BALLPOINT PEN

sorry i have to say that if a mouse or any rodent for that matter can get their head into an opening then they can fit through it. they can flatten their bodies and squeeze. they can fit through your cars vents to get into your car also. i had a mouse get into my car that way. and i'm not sure what a biro lid is but if the opening is the size of their head then they can fit through it.

It is true, I personally saw a mice shake his head very fast that his face became as dislocating his jaw, his face was uneven and was able to get in between the opening of two bricks on the structure of the bottom of a house.

Source(s): Jorge It is true, I personally saw a mice shake his head very fast that his face became as dislocating his jaw, his face was uneven and was able to get in between the opening of two bricks on the structure of the bottom of a house.

A Biro is a pen, English brand ame I believe In the US it would be th same as a Bc pen

• Mike

The head of a mouse is the size of a pea. Mice can't dislocate thier jaw. So what ever a pea can fit through, so to can a mouse.

• 6 years agoReport

It must have been a very very small mouse you saw Mike?
      I'd say a baby mouse would would have a head bigger than a pea let alone an adult?

Im not sure what a biro lid is but a mouse can flatten itself to the thiness of a sheet of paper.Sorry,mom is probaly right.

• 6 years agoReport

HAHAHA your poor mum has been listing to may old wives tales as well, UNLESS the sheet of paper is the thinness of an inch lol. Thinness of a sheet of paper????????

Its true, the can dislocate their jaws and other parts to fit through.

N O end of.