Haley asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how can i loose 40 pounds before chrismas?

i need 2 know how to losse 40 pound be for christmas. or 10-20

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

at this late date no and even if you did you gain that plus 15-20 more back. the way to lose weight is slowly. if you lose it fast you gain it back. . .ALWAYS!!!!!!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Consume smaller portions more frequently. Eat 4-5 times a day make the portions at least half of what are considered normal "american" portions. It's going to really suck at first, you are going to be hungry and cranky, but after a couple days you start to find that you actually need less.

I find that drinking water helps relieve the hunger. Obviously regular moderate exercise will also help, but without changing your diet (calorie intake) it's not going to be enough.

It's also important to monitor what you are putting into your body. Lots of vegetables and small portions of fatty meats & starches (potatoes, rice). You might want to consider giving up dairy as well. I lost 20 pounds in a month when I stopped eating dairy, of course I had just found out I was lactose intolerant too so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

• 1 decade ago

40 póunds is unrealistic. set a target of ten pounds or so to lose before christmas and follow the usual low calorie diets with some exercise everyday. Its healthier to slowly lose the weight than do a drastic weight loss.

• 1 decade ago

try some different foods and eat as much as you wan't of that. At the end of everyday or meal drink alot of water to clear your system. Only have two of your favorite junkfood snacks once a week. To exersize go to an arcade and do Dance Dance Revoloution! Go to workout mode and it burns tons of calories. If you like it buy it for home. Take a jog with friends at a park and then it isn't so much like exersizing. If you have enough time then do yoga polaties or a dance class or sport. Make limits and plan out everything. Nothing is inpossible if you put your mind to it!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Cut off your leg. Just kidding. Those people on the biggest loser lose about 20 lbs a month or more, so it's not IMPOSSIBLE, but definitely difficult. You just need to cut your calories way down, and work out like crazy. Try running/walking 5 or more miles a day. You need to lift weights too or you won't be toned, and it helps burn fat also. Another good way, but hard to stick with is to cut out carbs. At least cut out flour, sugar and refined carbs. Whatever you do don't eat processed foods like crackers, cookies, etc.. and try to add salads to fill you up, just eat low calorie dressing or none at all.

Hope that helps.

• 1 decade ago

Snack on celery throughout the day. Celery has negative calories, just be sure not to load it up with ranch dressing or anything. Walk after supper, that aids in digestion and raises your metabolism to burn it off before bedtime. Also drink lots of water!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

40 lbs b4 christmas?

not gunna happen.

try, 10 pounds.

eat 3 meals. around 300-400 caloires per day.

then after you eat a meal burn off every single calorie.

b4 breakfast try toning up!

use dumbells and crunches.

<3

• 1 decade ago

40 lbs divided by 24 days is = 1.67 lbs per day, which is 5,845 calories a day. A normal person don't even eat that much calories a day so your goal is totally unrealistic. 10 lbs over 24 days is 0.42 lbs per day which is still an unhealthy target, but possible.

• 1 decade ago

StraightHealth is correct. 2 lbs per week is a healthy and obtainable weight loss goal.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That's just not healthy or realistic. Try going for 10 pounds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. eat 6 small healthy meals per day, that way your metabolism will work faster

2. drink plenty of water. water can aid in losing weight

3. exercise alot. if you want to lose that much then try to aim for 3-5 per week. do lots of cardio exercises and stay active. keep your heart pumping fast

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.