I need ideas for a retirement gift for my Dad!?

My dad will retire in 3 weeks from a 35-year career in business. My siblings and I want to do or give something really special to him, but haven't thought of any original and meaningful ideas. So I need your help! His retirement party is in just 4 weeks so I need to get going on this!

Favorite Answer

My sisters and I bought our hard-to-buy for parents a digital photo frame. They come in different price ranges so you should be able to find one you can afford. Of all the ones out there we liked the one at WalMart the best, go figure. Its truly unique. If that isn't something he would be interested in you can try going to gifts.com. You'll be able to find something for everyone there.

What are some of his hobbies and interests? Make a gift basket of things that represent what he hopes to do with his well-earned leisure time. Or make a scrapbook that is chronologically full of memories from the past 35 years. Get his friends and co-workers to give you things to put in it. Delegate the work so more ground gets covered and that way you'll have something really memorable. Good luck.

Its seems as if your father hasn't relaxed in awhile, give him a trip to a spa. Another thing that is cheaper is a remote control and T.V guide holder, he may want to relax and chill out on the couch, he will now have a lot of time for that.

what is he planning to do after? a hobby?a gift card in the area he might like. get together with family and see if anyone ever remember him talking about doing something or going somewhere one day.each one write a heart felt letter to him appreciating how he worked to take care of family, mention special moments you shared with him. make a little book from everyone's letter,,you know clip them together in the matter you want. . i hope this helped, you are blessed to have a dad.i didn't have one so please love yours just a little more

A Rolex is always a nice gift.

Why not a few gift baskets of something you know he'll need? He's your dad - you know him better then anyone!

If he likes golf get him some new golf clubs. Get him somthing that is a thing he likes.

• jim

Get a carricature done of him and all of his co-workers. Have the co-workers sign it and have it matted and framed.

A Tie

New set of golf clubs?