I have a cough, runny nose, and sore throat should I go to the doctor or wait it out?

I dont know if they can perscribe something or just continue with the OTC I have been taking for the last 3 days.

Favorite Answer

You have described all of the reasons why you should see a Doctor.

Our bodies sometimes gives us signs that it is ill, and sometimes it doesn't. You are one of the fortunate ones

As soon as you read my response, see a doctor immediately.

Save you're trip to the doctor - the only thing they're prescribe you is antibiotics. YOU have a common cold which you can easily treat. your immune system is low and just needs a reboost of energy.

1. Save your energy - stay in bed - if you can stay home. If you go out, the more you will be exposed to viruses and since your immune system is vulnerable, the more sick you will get.

2. Take tylenol/advil every 4-6 hours - the sudaeffidrin included will fight the so called "bad guys" in your system

3. Drink LOT of water - this replenishes the "bad stuff" in your body and washes it away

4. As for the cough - robitussen works great!

5. As for the sore throat - this is a GREAT remedy and will cure in 2 days max - drink a hot, warm, ginger tea.

Hope this helps! and BE CONSISTENT WITH THIS and it will work

Source(s): My whole family are full of doctors and nurses :) i'm in the healthcare field myself

If you have had these symptoms for more than 7 days or fever you should see your doctor. You could have something more than the common cold. Drinking lots of fluids will help to move you along. The first thing he or she will ask is if you have had a temperature so take it. This makes a difference with your diagnosis..

• douds

properly you should flow to the hospital to be on the probability-free area, yet rather of ingesting water eat a table spoon of honey widely used to help with the sore throat, honey has anti-inflammatory homes ( can't remeber the position I heard it notwithstanding it works) and straightforward lemon or lime juice works too, as for the runny nostril and coughing i'll't remeber which herbs help with that. wish this permits.

If you keep having this symptoms for two weeks then definitely go see a doctor. It could be a sign of something more serious than a cold.

Source(s): experience.

It's fine to call your doctor...you may not even have to go in to get a Rx filled. But, as an Emergency Department employee I'll tell you, if you show up there they may be more exasperated with your mild cold symptoms than helpful. Don't get me wrong, they'll help; they may not be thrilled to do it, though.

The doctor will just be like "It's a cold. Now pay me."

(Unless you live in Canada)

I suggest you wait a few days. If it doesn't get better, consult a doctor.

Feel better!

Cough is caused by a number of ailments.

It can be treated by over the counter medicines

or home remedies. More information available

at http://ailments.in/cough.html

Drink something hot like tea with honey, bundle up with some blankets in your room, watch TV and just rest all day. It's nothing big it should be gone soon.

You should try another cold medicine first for a couple of days and if it persists go to the doctor.

Source(s): my doctor