Is there religious significance to the checkered rag that arab men wear on their heads?

I have noticed that many arab men wear a red checkered rag on their head sometimes with a black coil, sometimes without. Is there religious significance to this rag?

It's not a rag, it's a perfectly respectable piece of cloth, called a 'ghitra'. It doesn't have any religious significance, it's just there to protect the backs of their necks from sunburn. It's hot in the desert, you know. The coil holds the cloth in place. I have absolutely no idea why it's checked, however.

I would think a red checkered rag would signify picnic time. Bring your own utensils but the ground covering has been provided.

Source(s): Sorry, lack of sleep again.

no, what you would possibly want to seem out for is between perfect right here: 1st) the Marry one magically generating issues with out functional explenation (it truly is wisely-known by Christians a minimum of) 2d) The Jesus one disappearing for 3 days, or taking section in video games with the the contents of the beverages on your cup holders

Nope. It's just fashion. Ive seen Pakistani men, Palestian men, even Israeli men with that cloth.

When does an Arab male go from being a baby to being a man?

When they take the nappy of his **** and put it on his head.

If you want people to take your question seriously, try not referring to the head covering as a "rag".

I think it means that they won a NASCAR race.

If there is, doesn't exactly impair my day.