Is there religious significance to the checkered rag that arab men wear on their heads?

I have noticed that many arab men wear a red checkered rag on their head sometimes with a black coil, sometimes without. Is there religious significance to this rag?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not a rag, it's a perfectly respectable piece of cloth, called a 'ghitra'. It doesn't have any religious significance, it's just there to protect the backs of their necks from sunburn. It's hot in the desert, you know. The coil holds the cloth in place. I have absolutely no idea why it's checked, however.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would think a red checkered rag would signify picnic time. Bring your own utensils but the ground covering has been provided.

Source(s): Sorry, lack of sleep again.
  • 4 years ago

no, what you would possibly want to seem out for is between perfect right here: 1st) the Marry one magically generating issues with out functional explenation (it truly is wisely-known by Christians a minimum of) 2d) The Jesus one disappearing for 3 days, or taking section in video games with the the contents of the beverages on your cup holders

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope. It's just fashion. Ive seen Pakistani men, Palestian men, even Israeli men with that cloth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

When does an Arab male go from being a baby to being a man?

When they take the nappy of his **** and put it on his head.

• 1 decade ago

If you want people to take your question seriously, try not referring to the head covering as a "rag".

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think it means that they won a NASCAR race.

• 1 decade ago

If there is, doesn't exactly impair my day.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.