Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 decade ago

Did I already ovulate? Is cervical fluid suppose to be dry or white in color the day after ovulation?

Yesterday I had clear cervical fluid that stretched about and inch or so between my fingers. Today I have white liquid-like fluid that does not stretch.

Am I still fertile? I thought your cervical fluid is suppose to be dry the day after ovulating. Or is your cervical fluid no longer clear the day after ovulation?

Favorite Answer

Fertile cervical fluid is considered to be either creamy or lotion-like or the eggwhite consistency (slippery and stretchy--NOT STICKY).

The eggwhite cervical fluid is considered the peak fertile kind.

You could still be fertile today. The egg does live for 12-24 hours (some source say it lives up to 48 hours).

Typically cervical fluid dries up 12-24 hours after ovulation but many women continue to see intermittent creamy cervical fluid until their period.

Any website you look into will tell you that the egg will only be able to be fertilized for anywhere between 12-24 hours I have never heard of an egg living for up to 48 hours but I will look into it, but anywhoo all women are different. try getting an ovulation predictor kit and try that out but follow the instructions exactly this will tell you if you are about to ovulate or if you already have ovulated or if it is still too soon before you ovulate. I use the first response ovulation predictor kit and i love it. Best of luck to you.

Cervical Fluid should be somewhat dry directly after ovulation. Some people have the creamy, lotion-like discharge after ovulation, up until their period.

YESTERDAY YOU WERE MOST FIRTLE. YOU STILL COULD BE TODAY. BUT WHEN THE MUCUS IS STICKY AND STRECHY LIKE THAT IS WHEN YOU ARE YOUR MOST FERTILE.

If your horny your ovulating