interview nerves?

I am 29 years old and ive been in the same job for years (either looking after animals or travelling for a living). I am now looking at new horizons and I want to work as a customer service advisor/receptionist. I have an interview next week for a reception position and now that ive had a little time to think of things im going to say, im petrified!!

What sort of stuff do they ask nowadays???

I cant recall the last time I was interviewed and I know im gonna balls it all up for myself. Breathing exercises and the likes dont work so please..no answers recommending yoga and stuff..

thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Jen
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I suggest going to monster.com. They have mock interview questions and resources if you get stuck on a subject.

It really helped me to read this. Some things I just wasn't prepared for before my last interview and it helped me get a new job.

Best of luck in your future.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

When I interviewed for my current job, they asked:

What's an accomplishment you are most proud of?

Tell me how you improved a process or procedure on your last job.

What would your former employer say about you?

I knew that they had someone to quit on them after only working 2 months so I think the thing that got me the job was I told them I was looking for longevity, a permanent career, a job that I could retire from.

Also, I took 1/2 Xanax 30 minutes before the interview and the other 1/2 right before I walked in the building. Ask your doc to prescribe a couple of tablets. You'll be cool as a cucumber.

• 1 decade ago

Be yourself noting else, then if you get the job you are right for it, if not you will most likely be unhappy, be yourself always thats good enough

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.