interview nerves?

I am 29 years old and ive been in the same job for years (either looking after animals or travelling for a living). I am now looking at new horizons and I want to work as a customer service advisor/receptionist. I have an interview next week for a reception position and now that ive had a little time to think of things im going to say, im petrified!!

What sort of stuff do they ask nowadays???

I cant recall the last time I was interviewed and I know im gonna balls it all up for myself. Breathing exercises and the likes dont work so please..no answers recommending yoga and stuff..

thanks

• Jen
    Favorite Answer

I suggest going to monster.com. They have mock interview questions and resources if you get stuck on a subject.

It really helped me to read this. Some things I just wasn't prepared for before my last interview and it helped me get a new job.

Best of luck in your future.

When I interviewed for my current job, they asked:

What's an accomplishment you are most proud of?

Tell me how you improved a process or procedure on your last job.

What would your former employer say about you?

I knew that they had someone to quit on them after only working 2 months so I think the thing that got me the job was I told them I was looking for longevity, a permanent career, a job that I could retire from.

Also, I took 1/2 Xanax 30 minutes before the interview and the other 1/2 right before I walked in the building. Ask your doc to prescribe a couple of tablets. You'll be cool as a cucumber.

Be yourself noting else, then if you get the job you are right for it, if not you will most likely be unhappy, be yourself always thats good enough