First date...at HIS place?

I meet this guy over the internet a couple days ago. We have spoken over the phone (for over an hour) once. We have chat a couple of times. He want to cook for me at his place.

Should I go?

Is this the roght place to meet for a first date?

Might he be thinking in getting something else than a meal?

Favorite Answer

My suggestion is, do not meet him at his place. Your first meeting should be comfortable, safe and pleasurable. I have met men on-line before but always at public places and I even went a step further, by letting at least two friends know where I would be.

It sounds nice to hear a man say they want to cook for you and make the night special but even he should know and respect you enough to say, "lets make the first meeting in public".

If he insists, that would be a red flag to me.

Test him out, tell him how you just don't feel right about it and if he really cares and wants to meet you and is normal, he will agree and meet you somewhere else.

Don't be a statistic. It doesn't sound as though you talked much from what you wrote.

Who knows, this could be the man of your dreams. Go easy. Be safe and enjoy life.

I am interested to know who this works out.

id meet him some place public first especially since you've only been talking a few days. i've met a couple guys online, but i never agreed to meet them until like a month or so after talking to them i made it a rule 1 week your a stranger 2 week your an aquaintence 3 week your a friend 4 week exchange numbers set up a place to meet if you feel you are ready. oh and when i did decide to meet them which was really longer than i say like 6 months maybe i made sure i drove and so i could leave when i wanted and kept my cellphone for emergancy. because you never know what type of weirdo there are. so later if you decide your ready to go to his place you can.

Source(s): personal experience

Are you crazy?!! You DO NOT meet someone in private for a first date. Especially someone you met over the internet!! Always public!! For an internet person I would plan the first few dates public!! Come on you must have heard all of the horror stories.

NO ABSOLUTLEY NOT!!!!

Don't ever meet a man from the internet at his house. Meet somewhere public and where you feel safe, like going out for dinner at a place that you are familiar with. Do not let the guy pick you up from your house, drive yourself there. Be safe! You never really know who you are meeting over the internet.

If you are not good enough for him to treat to an evening out on your first date, then he is not thinking long term enough to try to imprss you. My best friend has been dabbling in the internet daring world- she has gone to have dinner cooked by 2 different guys, they could not wait to get her in bed. She was pretty amazed at how direct they were. After she made it clear that it was not happening, all of a sudden the internet chat ceased...interesting huh??? You deserve a real date- cooking dinner is cheap and a booty call.

do not go to his place. He can cook for you later... go out to eat.

tell him you would like to meet him but you would prefer that you meet in a public place first. If he doesnt want to.. that should be a red flag.

I met a man I was talking to online once.. but I met him in the food court at the mall... I parked on another side of the mall so I didnt have tyo worry he might see/follow my car if things didnt work out.

Don't go. He's a stranger and you will be putting yourself at risk. ALL intenet dating sites say meet in a public place. Not only that, tell people where you're going and when you'll be home. Just because you meet in a public place doesn't mean he won't follow you to your car or something.

No. Meet him in public. I did this once, not with a guy from the internet, but a guy i met at a frat party in college. We met at a coffee shop, actually, but he convinced me I should go back to his place to watch movies (his roommates would be home, he said.) His roommates were home. In their room. Possibly having sex. Either way, I had to fend off a fairly aggressive sexual assault in the living room. Scariest night of my life. I'm no longer that naive.

This is you're decision. BUT if you haven't ever met him in person...you really don't know what kind of guy he really is. I definitely wouldn't want to be alone with someone i met over the Internet on a first date. You don't know what will happen.

this is VERY dangerous! you should never meet someone from the internet and if you do you should only meet at a public place. Come on you should be smarter than this!