what are some good interesting facts about france that would make me want to go there?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Some of the world's greatest and most famous art is housed at the Louvre...The Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, etc. Also, France has an incredibly remarkable history with a romantic cast of charactors...check out Napolean's tomb...that little dictator emporer is actually encased right there!...or the tower where they held Marie Antoinette until they chopped off her head!...or the Versaille Palace, where Marie and Louis over indulged in everything guilded. A walk along the Seine River is not only breathtaking, but you can actually stroll among artists and street performers any time of the day. The architecture is another amazing thing. Here in the US - you are lucky to find buildings still intact after 100 years. In Paris, you are lucky to find buildings newer than 100 years! Many are from the 1700's with absolutely gorgeous detailing they just don't make anymore!! Check out the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Arc di'Triomphe, and don't forget the Eiffel Tower. Where else can you see so many famous landmarks within walking distance of each other?? And as everyone else also mentioned...the food. Which is spectacular. And unlike the US - they don't use preservatives like we do...so everything is fresh, fresh, fresh! Bread does not sit for more than a day. And the pastries are to DIE FOR!! If that doesn't sell you....how about the French people? They are truly delightful...if you don't come in huffing and puffing like an arrogant American. Keep in mind, you are visiting THEIR country, and just as we expect visitors here to speak English, don't go over there and DEMAND the French speak English. While most of them do, as it is a requirement in all their schools....you want to be respectful. Even if you murder their language...a few Merci's and Pardon Moi's go a long way. You will be amazed at how friendly and helpful the people of France can be when you remember that YOU are a guest in THEIR country. Not the other way around. ENJOY yourself and take LOTS of pictures!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The food of France is remarkable.

The Louvre is a real adventure

The Seine is lovely and booksellers line the walks bedise the Seine.

The Metro makes it easy and economical to get around.

French people are not mean if you at least try to speak some bit of French - if they see you trying they will help you.

Paris is relatively safe at night.

Provence and Cassis are Heaven

The Wine regions are fantastic.

Source(s): I married a Frenchman, we have lived in Paris and Marseille
  • 1 decade ago

Well, i went there and it was really cool!

The streets are clean, most people are kind, there's parks and fresh air everywhere!

The food is also really good!

Oh, did i mentioned those great night clubs and shopping malls!

• 1 decade ago

france has the hottest guy, great shopping, incredible sights, and fantastic food!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I can only think of 3 : Food, Food , Food.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.