Blackout asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Weird Sleeping pattern? ADVICE PLEASE !!!!!!!!!?

I been feeling proper down for quite a while and i've noticed my sleeping patterns and how much i sleep its just weird. My sleeping patterns have varied so much in last months, sometimes its normal, then sometimes its like im noctural. When i do go to sleep i sleep for so long sometimes 10+ hours, my record is 15 hours. Its got to a point where i missing uni ( they're threatening to chuck me out) because i just wanna sleep. All i want to do is sleep!!!! Is there something wrong with me? or am i just lazy? or is this normal? Help please

Favorite Answer

When someone is depressed, they can sleep a great deal. What do you do all day? Do you go to school or work? During the day are you sleepy or down?

I suggest you see a counselor and talk about this. Sometimes the weather does this to people. Make sure you get some sunlight daily. Take some vitamin D and a suppliment, eat well, drink lots of water and don't eat junk foods or fatty foods. Exercise is good to raise mood, make sure you get some daily. Walking is great, so is bike riding.

Here are your choices:

1. You might have a high glucose level - fatigue could be a sign of something medical - get it checked

2. you might have mono - get it checked

3. 10 hours of sleep is craazy and will make you evey sleepier - try to limit that by setting an alarm - normal sleep consists of 7-8 hours of sleep

4. Maybe you have a "lazy" lifestyle - if you're not constantly active throughout the day, then you'll get more tired. Do something where you're constantly on your feet - being online doesn't count. Work out!

This kinda thing used to happen to me - this is what i did:

-drink more, more water - sleepiness is a sign of dehyrdation - the more water you drink, the more you're awake and ready for working out

- work out!!!

- eat healthy foods - esp. fiber (and if you really wanna stay awake, eat lots of protein and less carbs)

- 7-8 hours of sleep

Source(s): i can realte - i've been in a similar situation

Maybe it could be a mineral deficiency, resulting in chronic fatigue syndrome. Try research the web for a colloidal vitamin and mineral supplement with organic volcanic acid. That might help.

• LIz

This is a very good blog, a beginner’s guide to abnormal psychology.

Short, clear and simple; and you can even post your question and contact the author regarding particular subject you are interested in, for FREE

http://sensitive-psychoworld.blogspot.com/

Sounds like depression to me...you should seek help from your general practioner and they can determine if you are really depressed or if you are suffering from sleep apnea or other sleep problems.

This could be serious. Please make appointment with your MD now. You may sleep apnea, RLS, hyper insomnia or depression, etc. Your MD will help you. It would beneficial to check some reputable medical web site, and help your MD by doing sleep diary or log, before your visit.

Again, please call your MD

You're probably overworking.