I have a new computer, all images are downloading as bmp, I want jpeg, why is this happening? Can it be chngd?

I'm not a big computer person, learning as I go. I want to be able to put pics on my 360 page which only accepts jpeg images but even when an images is in jpeg format, it downloads as bmp. I don't understand why this is happening. I don't have any photo shop programs, can this be changed with out one?

Favorite Answer

One of the most common causes is actually an error in the Temporary Internet Files folder or an error in the Download Program Files folder. I have also seen this when the cache is either full or sized incorrectly. If this is the program, clearing these folders through Internet Options in the Tools menu will usually fix the problem:

Clear the Cache:

1. Open IE

2. Click Tools

3. Click Internet Options

4. Click General Tab

5. Under Temporary Internet files, you should click Delete Files

6. Confirm with an OK

Remove Bad Downloaded Program Files:

1. Open IE

2. Click Tools

3. Click Internet Options

4. Click General Tab

5. Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings

6. Click View Objects

7. Look at the Status column. Right click on the files listed as either Unknown or Damaged, and then select Remove from the context menu.

8. Confirm with Yes

9. Close the remaining windows by clicking OK

If the above does not work, you may have to remove all the files in the Downloaded Program Files folder.

Hi

Ok , lets work first with the pic you have store on the pc , if they are BMP then open paint or picture viewer and save them as JPG , now once you do that then logon to 360 and just upload them , now you said something about DOWNLOAD pics im not sure i understood that one right , please explain more

• Tim

There is a common Bug in Internet Explorer that casues all image files to be saved in BMP. It is caused by having your temporary internet files too full (I'm not sur eexactly why this casues it.) Anyways, empty your Temporary Internet Files and cookies...that always fixes it.

Also, I THINK this bug was fixed for ie7, if you want to upgrade.

They'll download as whatever they are. There are a number of programs that allow you to change from one format to another.

• eagan

no longer one hundred% particular, yet one place to learn out could be your mail decision recommendations. circulate to Yahoo Mail and click recommendations interior the top good hand nook. circulate to well-known alternatives, then circulate to Messages risk-free practices and see in case you have HTML blocked? if so unclick the container and see if this helps. in basic terms an excellent gamble?

• willy

just save it is .jpg