Is it about DVDs or DVD player?

It seems almost every DVD we rent to watch has some kind of problem. It either stops all the time, freezes or won't play at all. It's so frustrating. But there're some that would play ok. Does anybody else experience the same thing or it's my DVD player? Any suggestions please?

I do use cleaner DVDs but it doesn't help much

Favorite Answer

My dvd's play perfect on the pc, but not on my dvd player , they skip, pause, jump, but are ok on his player. Mine was a dirt cheap bargain out of the newspaper, his is a store bought one. I would say it is your player. Sorry

Yes if the DVD plays ok on your PC, then it is definitely the player if you've already covered the fingerprints and scratches that can be on the disk.

Not all DVD players can match the precision of your PC's DVD drive. Some are made worse.

It sounds like it might be your DVD player. Go to Best Buys and get a DVD/CD cleaner kit - they run $10 - 20 and will clean the optical reader in your player. Mine was doing this, too, until I had the reader cleaned.

It sounds like your DVD Player. I have three inexpensive ones and I rented a dvd that kept stopping on one of them so I tried it on one of the other players and it worked fine.

i would definetly say its the DVD player and cleaning it might not be a have bad idea you get them at any store that sells DVD players