Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

What is a good home remedy to cure an ear ache?

I've tried putting peroxide in but I think that may have made it worse.

I don't know if it's inner or not but it really hurts especially right behind the lobe and it's in my left ear. Please help me?

Favorite Answer

get some sweet oil, barely warm it, and pour it in your ear. Also you can have someone blow cigarette smoke in your ear and immediately after stick a cotton ball in your ear. I don't know what it is about the warm smoke, but it usually relieves some pain.

If the ache is chronic, see a doctor.

However, for relief of discomfort, put hot water in a coffee cup and allow it to get very warm, though not hot enough to burn. POUR out the water and dry quickly wiht a towell. Then immediately place the cup over the ear, wiht the ear going into the cup itself. Hold gently but firmly in place. The pressure and warmth will help alleviate the discomfort temporarily.

There is a very simple remedy for ear ache. Dice garlic and soak in water. Remove the garlic and put a couple of drops in the effected ear. The garlic oil will go through the skin and kill the infection. You won't need to drown your ear in solution. You can repeat this process for severe infections.

when i have ear aches but don't have medicine I take a cup, stuff the bottom with paper towels, soak the paper towels with really hot water and drain out the water so that the towels are hot without the water (obviously). Then just put the cup over the ear and keep it there. the hot steam should make the ear ache less painful. hope this helps.

you need antibiotics to cure the earache. To have some relive from the pain , take a leaf of the fragrant Geranium and smash it between your fingers. When it becomes wet with juice put it in the ear. The leaf will produce slight heat and help with the pain.

Good luck

• Ear candling seems to work. If you can' t find the packs at a health foods store, I've heard newspaper works. Just take a piece and roll it into a long piece and stick it in your ear and light the end on fire. It should draw the wax unto the paper and that should solve the ache. Be careful though. You might want someone to help you do this and may want to cover your hair with aluminum foil to protect.

-Apply warmth to ear to help relieve earache. Make warm compress by soaking a washcloth in warm water and squeeze it out and hold the compress over the affected ear.

-Sleep with the head raised on several pillows to reduce pressure in the middle ear.

Source(s): For more details see below source..... http://naturalremediesforyou.com/earache.aspx

Your sense of hearing is nothing to play around with. Since you don't know exactly where the ear ache stems from, see a professional and get a diagnosis.

i have a hunch that you have poor neck and shoulder posture? stretch your neck backwards for a minute, opening your chest and then from now on force your shoulders back and down whenever standing or walking. stick your chest out, like in the military.

but in the short term i don't know... clean up your diet, limit sugar, eat garlic, zinc, and vitamin c, take a multivitamin with a meal, drink lots of water, get rest, take hot showers but turn the water to cold for a minute, that kind of thing

(these people are right, though, you probably want a doctor. hopefully the antibiotics don't screw you up too much)

There is a product you can probably find at your local grocery store, Walmart, etc. I don't remember what it is called exactly, maybe "Ear Relief", but it's a small bottle of ear drops. Worked on my husband very well; his earache went away fast.

You cant sure an ear infection by yourself. You have to go to your doctor and get on antibiotics. Do it soon because if it gets too bad, your ear drum could burst. Try putting a warm washcloth on the ear for a few mins. I do this for my kids and it seems to help some.