Made a certificate in Microsoft word with pictures, fancy text, colors, border, etc.?

I made it for someone else and I need to e-mail it to them so they can print it off. However, when I e-mail it, the text that I used won't work in their version of Word. Is there anyway that I can save the file as a picture or something else that would be universal and open the document and is?

When they open it, the fancy text is just regular text and is much too large, so it runs off the page, into the pictures, etc. I believe I have done something to fix it before, but can't remember now. I tried just adding the .jpeg, or .pdf extension, but it doesn't work because it is still default in Word to save as .doc and there is no option that looks like it will work better.

Any tips or advice?

I tried going to tools, options, etc. I selected what you told me, but it is still sending and changing the text. I even double checked to make sure that it is still showing up that way when I open the document and it is checked.

Do I need to check any of the boxes under the topic: "embed characters in use only" or "do not embed common system fonts"

Do I need to save it under a new file?

I don't know if I did something wrong, but I think I followed everything as you had it listed.

Thanks for your help!

Favorite Answer

Open Word, Go to Tools, then Options. Select the "Save" tab, and look for the option "Embed TrueType Fonts".

Select this option.

Open the document, and resave it, and then fonts will go with the document.

They must not have the font you used installed in their system. Email them the font file you used.