I am having trouble being in public with my man what should i do?

I am a man and i dont really feel safe being with my partner in public sometimes i want to kiss him but i just can't.

Favorite Answer

Ok, speaking as a straight person, though from a rather liberal town (Seattle, WA) I personally think it's fine and if you want to kiss your guy, then go ahead and do it. I think the sooner we can normalize these things and behaviors the sooner the freedom of sexual identity will come. Personally when I see a gay man with his partner being affectionate, I think to myself how brave they are to declare their love in public, it might be stupid, but I admire it actually, it takes balls to say to the world that I am proud to be who I am and even if it makes some people angry, I am secure.

• Nelly

There has to be more to it. Why are you scared? Confront that fear and then you will be able to come up with a solution to the problem. It is still not totally acceptable for two men to be publicly seen together, which is a shame. It is okay for two women though. Too many people with double standards. I personally don't care if you decide to kiss your boyfriend in public. I would kiss my girlfriend in public. Your personal choice and your alone.

If you do not feel comfortable with kissing him in public then don't. He is your man, he should respect that you would feel uncomfortable in such a situation and will not require him.

Idea: Whisper into his ear that you wish that you could kiss him right then.

He should at least be able to know the thought, and wherever you feel comfortable to go kiss-crazy, do it.

All in all, don't worry about it. If you really NEED to start kissing in public, then work up to that point.

Perhaps start with holding hands and work at it until you are comfortable.

Hope this helps,

Russ

then stay home.

when you were a kid you were probably a little afraid the first couple of times you had to get yourself to school. but you kept on doing it and lost the fear. same story with you and your man. if you guys live in hatefagsville, usa then i can see your trepidation. it makes sense. if you live in a fairly urban or even cosmopolitan area, then just live your life and do what you feel. you could get hit by a bus every time you cross the street but yo ustill cross and lo! how many times have you been hit by a bus?

I would trust your fear. If you're in small town Alabama, you could be murdered for doing that in front of the wrong people.

Think about moving to a more progressive city. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable.

What are you scared of. Do you know a lot of people in town or did you recently come out?....If you love him just do it...do it.....do it.....do it.......You will feel better. I know thats easier talked about, but go for it. He is the one you care about making happy, not some people at the super market or wherever ......good luck.

How long have u been together ? Once u get use to each other and you feel comfortable around him it will come natural.

SAve the kisses and lovey-dovey for indoors. Remember you live in AMERIKKKA. In Holland you could do it, In denmark , maybe , but not here in a fascist country.

Then don't.

Most folks really don't appreciate hetero public displays much less homosexual displays.

Keep the bedroom in the bedroom.

Come on out here to San Francisco, baby! No one will mind....