If I married some one in Peru before I was divorced from another person in the US, is my Peru marriage valid?

I went back to Peru before my US divorce was finalized (November), and married another person in August, thinking that the US marriage was finalized. Is my marriage to the second person in Peru valid? I am divorcing in Peru now anyway, would I have to go through the divorce process in Peru, or is the marriage just not valid?

Favorite Answer

the marriage is not valid, but I have bad news for you buddy you can end up in jail for that.

Is this a moral question for a pastor or a legal question for a lawyer?? Opinions are a dime a dozen. If it's Biblical facts you're wanting, I could help. If it's legal, call a lawyer or look it up on-line and hope the source is legit.

I used to know a guy from Peru! He fell asleep in his canoe. While dreaming of venus he plaid with his penis and woke up with a handful of goo.

If you were still married its still Bigamy in any country. Maybe the Peruvian connection or the officials in either country might sue you on these grounds-be careful

How many times shall you post this question? Look up laws or contact an attorney for the answer.

Ever heard of the word bigamist?

• maya

no just tell them that you were married to someone else at that time and they might put you in jail

It mabey considered polygamy.

no it is not valid it is also against the law

No!! You may be done for bigamy!