Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why does the rock music of this generation....?

Suck so much and all of the singers look like a bunch of gay wads ! What do you think?

Favorite Answer

some bands today are good and i agree alot of them look like

they are gay but i would still take ac/dc anyday.(although i was

not born when they where big)

I agree I have only heard a few songs that I really like since 2003

There are so many bands & singers out there I don't see how any of them make enough money. Every night David Letterman has a musical guest I never heard of and never see in BMG music catalog.

I take offense to that. You're not a kid anymore, don't make sweeping generalizations about us, Pauly.

I think you're either looking at the wrong genres, or paying too close attention to their appearence. I mean, it's about the music, who gives a damn if they wear black and have a seemingly endless supply of eyeliner, or are so goddamned sexually frustrated that they can do nothing but whine? If the /music/ speaks to you, that should be enough.

I hate most of 70's rock and I think that I'd rather die than go to a Pink Floyd light show or go to a tribute concert for Led Zepplin, but I'm not gonna say that they were all a bunch of doped up potheads who couldn't walk in a straight line if you had them on a track now, am I?

There is no originality or musicianship anymore. They all sound the same and they all sound like sh*t. My CD collection is full of real music - gimme Zeppelin, Rush, Cream, Deep Purple, Queen, Blue Oyster Cult, and some of the 70s and 80s metal like Maiden, Sabbath, Queensryche and I will be happy :)

Led Zep, Zappa, Pink Floyd are all still popular for a reason. This generation does know what rocks! Too bad they need the 1970's to fill the void.

They don't all suck. There's plenty of good bands out. Stop listening to the s**t they play on the radio and dig a little deeper.

I don't listen to rock music of this generation for this reason, they all suck. Give me Led Zeppelin any day.

• Chewie

I totally agree with you. New rock sucks.

i haven't listened to "rock" music in nearly 20 years. it started to suck so bad then. i now listen to country and classic rock. what happened to good time rock and roll. motley crue, aerosmith, poison,van halen, ac/dc......

I don't think they suck, and if they look that way is because people want them to look that way.