I think i got allergic, Please help!!!?

I went to Cancun for spring break, and when i came back i was getting sick everytime i ate eggs or avecodos. I mean really sick, is this common i have not had either of the two for over a year. Do you think i can go back to trying to eat these two items? And what the hell would have caused this?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • atiana
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    allergies can strike at any time in life. as long as you've eaten eggs and avacados in the past, you can be allergic to them. your immune system sets up a response to the thing you're allergic to and reacts to it just as it would if you'd taken a dose of poison. sounds crazy, but true! I almost died from one bee sting. it was the second sting I'd ever had in my life. but my immune system set up a deadly defense against the venom after the first sting, and years later when I was stung for the second time, it was almost fatal.

    if you really have concern that you're allergic to these two things, I would see an allergist and get tested before eating them again. I'm not trying to scare you, but if you're allergic, and you eat eat them again, the reaction could be worse than ever.

    eggs are one of the most common foods that people are allergic to, and one of the most dangerous to eat if you are allergic to them. so get things checked out before you eat them again just to be safe okay? remember, better safe than sorry.

  • 1 decade ago

    There is a specfic diety, called Traveler's diarrhea. Just as your case, In many small less developed lands, especially in small towns, villiages, and out of the way places, the traveler would be well advised to avoid milk, cheese, yogurt, and local highly spiced dishes.

    Eating bland foods and not over-eating can often prevent this disorder. Drinking water, water used for brushing teeth, even ice, should be boiled first or treated with purification tablets.

    Eating uncooked food or fruit and vegetables that cannot be peeled is risky, as are unbottled drinks. Before visiting doubtful countries the traveler should be certain he has taken required immunizations, obtained by any U.S. Public Health Service office.

    Although symptoms are much, much different, these precautions may benefit you in your case as well. Ask your doctor or a Doctor from that country for other ways to prevent this simularity in this disorder of bacterial orgin.

    Hope this helps!

    Source(s): 1. Anthony L Buscaglia, DO and Ronald M Moscati, MD, Traveler's Diarrhea: Traveler's Diarrhea Symptoms (Online: eMedicine Emergency Care & Consumer Health, 2006) (Eds.) Scott H Plantz, MD, FAAEM, et al. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/main/art.asp... Diarrhea Symptoms
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    it could be. when I hwas 15, I got stung by a bee in my foot and it swelled up and just looked awful. I have been allergic to bee stings ever since then, and chances are the next time i get stung i will die unless i take my shot :)

    didn't want to scare you, but definitely don't avoid this! go see your doctor. i hate doctors, but they're here to help

  • 1 decade ago

    It could be hay fever. Try avoid eating it for a long time.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I would advise you to stay off them if you have been sick.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.