Jobs for US citizens in Denmark?

I am trying to network here. I have a HR background, but I am willing to work at just about anything that pays a living wage. I am a US citizen and would have to have the company that hires me to sponsor my work permit. Does anyone personally know of companies needing english speaking employees. In the Copenhagen area.


5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Try working for an American company!! The company that I work for has offices in Herlev & Silkeborg.

    I don't know if they have openings... but it is worth a try! Send me an email and I'll provide you with more information.

    Also, you can see if the American or Canadian Embassy have openings. :)

    Source(s): Former exchange student to Denmark who lived in Charlottenlund and Soborg.
  • Ivan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    Honestly, HR is MUCH different in Denmark. There would be little that you can leverage from the US. You should go for a US firm with an outpost in Denmark (Big 4 accounting firms, consulting firms etc) or for a Danish firm with a US representation (Novo Nordisk, Maersk/A.P. Moller). After 9-15 months in the US, you could ask for a transfer, which will often be looked at very favorable for good performers.

    You cannot get a "low paying" job in Denmark because the minimum wages are very high and the authorities do not let foreigners compete with Danes for those jobs.

    But is you are determined to try directly, you can try to apply online.,, have postings in Danish. HR is called "Personale", maybe you can find a couple of names/contacts/address and coldcall them.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I'm American working in Denmark. You're nearly-right about the the work permit; the company has to submit a job offer for you, which you also submit with your application for that job. Company must attest that the position can not be filled by Danish, Nordic, then EU labour--in that order of preference--before offering it to anyone else. If you have an employer interested in you, be sure to provide them with your CV and list ALL certificates, courses, training, languages, etc. since small companies can often "massage" the job description to fit your exact qualifications, therefore satisfying the order-of-preference for job offers.

    Source(s): employee and employer in Nordic countries past 4 years (sorry, we're not hiring : (
  • 1 decade ago

    If you are looking for jobs whose corporate language is English, is the right portal for you. Technically if you get a full time job, when you apply for a working residence permit, the company that hired you must provide also a working permit paper to support your application. However the best answer you can get, is from the companies, ask them when you apply.

    And Good Luck.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

    ok. From what you're announcing right here, neither of you would be waiting to pass to the U. S.. one million) that's rather not likely that any record label or publishing abode will sponsor a foreigner for a job as there are multiple us voters and electorate who can do the artwork. 2) Your boyfriend ought to opt to take a place multiple money indoors the U. S. and employ US voters/electorate to get a visa. 3) Pardon me for asking yet as quickly as you are the comparable intercourse couple (Jay would desire to be male or lady), US immigration policies do not understand you as a pair. 4) people from the united kingdom and South Korea have constantly been ineligible for the lottery.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.