H.O.A vs homeowners right to post a sign for sale in the state of florida any answers. HELP???

I am trying to sell my home in an HOA that has a total ban on any and all signs both in yards and in windows etc. I know the US Supreme court heard a case regarding the first amendment and sign against a municpality and also the Florida case over the American flag. I have a small sign in my window to advertise my home and identify it and have been threatened with forced entry by the HOA to remove the for sale sign. I need help. Any advise I am not of mean to afford an attorney right now so I must do research on my own. Thanks community.

• Gem
    Favorite Answer

You are screwed.

When you bought a home that belongs to a HOA, you agreed to abide by all their regulations and by-laws. Period.

Run ads in the paper, penny saver, post outside of your neighborhood, boards at grocery stores, laundromats etc.

You can also pay for yourself to list your home in the MLS, go to www.mls.com.

Good luck

You should get a copy of the HOA rules and read through it for any loopholes. It seems completely bogus that you can't have a "For Sale" sign in your yard; perhaps the HOA would prefer a bunch of balloons tied to your mailbox or some other eyesore that ISN'T restricted???

They can restrict for sale signs