What do you think of Steven harpers declaration of Quebec, a nation 'within Canada'??

I don't understand why Quebec wants to leave Canada, nobody wants them to leave Canada... if they did it would completely divide canada, leaving atlantic Canada isolated from the rest of Canada.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jadis
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Because they're French.

• 4 years ago

to maintain quebec's way of existence they prefer to stay interior Canada. Its the reason they joined in the first position some time previous in 1867 and continues to be the reason they ought to stay. If quebec grew to change into independant and had to barter commerce agreements with NAFTA and WTO you are able to guess being purely 8 million human beings in a sea of three hundred million north individuals they could carry no weight. In Canada the cereal bins et al are all revealed french/english and they have the right to trial and authorities service of their personal language everywhere in Canada and the right to draconian language regulations interior their province. As a small area of a better physically powerful north united statesa. union its uncertain they could get any of those concessions and can want to quickly be assimilated culturally and linguistically. IMHO

• jack
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I don't see it happing Canada will not allow it. In America the earily days states had the right to break away from the USA. However this soon was fixed by new laws. I believe Canada has the same.

• john p
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You could be wrong about nobody wanting them to leave Canada. If they were to rtake their share of the national debt with them, then let them go. I am tired of this constant distraction to our natiohood.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

They're still bitter at loosing to the English.

And they're french.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.