I need an artists' help with insperation.?

I'm doing a project for my art class:an accordian book illustrating song lyrics. The line I'm stuck on is "stones taught me to fly". Does anyone get inspiration from this line that they'd like to share with me?

Favorite Answer

a cliff (made of stones) and flying off of it

having a lot of "battle scars" and coming out of it stronger

people throwing "stones" (or objects or have mean faces and gestures) and still looking tall and proud

actually i think of a musician playing music even tho the crowd is angry, upset and throwing papers and tomatoes at the stage...

:) good luck~

maybe "stones taught me to fly" could represent the fact that hard times will teach you freedom. or that you have to go through the rough parts to see and understand the good. i am not for sure what type of class you have, but using colors as tool of illustrating or representing instead of representational images is a good idea too. I am a nonrepresentational artist though, a little out there. just trying to get the inspiration flowing.

You might try the web site www.langenberg.com/ It is a dictionary and resourse center. Go about halfway down the lefthand side and choose dictionaries. Then go to the rhyming dictionaries that should help, plus they have many other resources that might help.

a picture of mick jagger smoking a huge cone