What recourse does a man have who is abused by a woman?

My brother is a NICE guy. His girlfriend is old enough to be his mom and beats him up, then hits herself and calls the police on him. She constantly provokes him. She threatens to make his life hell if they break up. He's already on probation because of her! What is HIS legal recourse?? He's tried to get rid of her but she's a PSYCHO! I personally want to kick her @$$ but I know it wouldn't help... usually its the woman who needs help in a situation like this but this witch abuses the system that is in place for such women. What can he do? HELP!

3 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    A man has just as much right as an abused woman to call the police if he's been beaten. Domestic violence isn't just a woman being beaten up. He really needs to get rid of her. He's got a record because of her?! He needs to see that she doesn't care one bit about him. He can call the police and ask to speak to the domestic violence counselor. They will have options for him. He shouldn't be embarrassed because he's a man being beaten on by a woman. It happens, but he needs to speak up & get out of this relationship before something worse happens.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    The same laws apply to a man as to a woman. Somehow he needs to get a witness or even use a camera to prove it. But he needs to call police anyway, first. He can file a protection from abuse order on her. Tell the courts he does not want to be around her and why.

  • Lydia
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    The man has the same rights as does a woman. Police have come to understand, there are shelters for men, hotlines, etc. It is a new, day, unfortunately. He needs to get out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.