Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I'm looking for a small dog that requires little grooming, is fun, and doesn't shed a lot. any suggestions?

I was thinking about papillons, pugs, poms, and Yorkies.

• Favorite Answer

A stuffed one would fit the bill.

Papillons, Poms and Yorkies require EXTRA grooming. Like the guy above.. Boston Terriers are great and Pugs too. Not much grooming at all, but my friend's Pug sheds A LOT, Boston Terriers not so much. Good luck!

Miniature Pinschers are a good dog. They aren't related to a Doberman at all. They are a mix between a Italian Greyhound and a dachshund. They are a toy breed of dog. They require very very little grooming, they barely shed and have tons of personality. They are a very spunky and fun breed of dogs. They also stay quite small.

Poms and Yorkies will require a great deal of grooming because of their coats. Yorkies coat will continue to grow long unless you cut it but you are still going to have it cut and Pom Poms are little fur balls.

I have 4 Min Pins and I love them. They are a very addicting breed of dog.

I don't agree with some of the people saying that yorkies require alot of grooming. They only require alot of grooming if you want to keep their hair long to the ground. I have a yorkie and I keep his hair short, he almost has a schnauzer cut to him. Schnauzer are good ones too. I have both and I get them groomed about once a month. So if you get a yorkie I would suggest keeping his hair short it doesn't have to be long.

A Yorkie is a sweet little dog & most are not barkers,but they do require grooming. Pugs are cute and short haired, & only need a bath once in a while,but they are barkers.

Italian greyhound, they are very loving. They shed very little and have short hair. They have lots of energy, and are just great fun. At fist they seem like a weird dog, but now I just love the breed. I picked up a book about them while researching dogs. I thought it would be interesting and that I wouldn't get one , but I fell in love with the breed the minute I opened the book.

Source(s): www.italiangreyhound.org Book: The New Complete Italian Greyhound by Lilian S. Barber
  • sarah

Mini dachshunds are the cutiest dogs ever. They are small, the short hair ones require little grooming, they are very fun and have a big personality, and the short haired don't shed a lot.

Pugs are notorious shedders. Shih Tzus (although they require regular trimming) don't shed period because they have actual hair, not fur. Yorkies require regular trimming as well. I've never noticed tons of shedding from them when they come in to be groomed. Normally dogs will leave a sprinkling of hair in their cage before they are bathed and trimmed.

Source(s): Kennel Tech

Italian Greyhound. It's the toy size version! Smaller then a greyhound, smaller then a whippet! Almost no fur, requires a bath once a year. Minimal shedding. High energy, lots of fun!

Pugs are awesome dogs, and they don't need much grooming. The other ones you mention may need more grooming. You may also consider Boston Terriers. Good luck!

I would go with a short haired terrier. A welsh corgi and dachshund are nice but they have short legs and a long body which gives them back problems if you feed them too much, so you have to keep their weight down. Its like a long bridge with no support in the middle. If you have to go with one of those go with the welsh corgi, its body isn't as short and at least there is some hair so you feel like your not petting a hairless pet. I think a cairn terrier would be nice. Its hair isn't too long and if you need to see what one looks like look at the dog named toto in the wizard of oz. Terriers are super smart.