It is evident that many users have more than one ID.......?

and use those IDs to vote for their own best answers. Why doens't Yahoo Answers delete them for abuse?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I bet they do, once it's proven with evidence, and first there must be a complaint filed. How often have you answered a question to find yourself the only answerer, and able to vote for yourself as the question moved down the list quickly because of so many new questions asked? Some people just can't say no to a bad idea, and will eventually get caught, but until they do are pressumed innocent. I don't think Yahoo monitors every question and answer, but I trust they investigate each complaint.

I don't think it's wrong to vote for our own answers as the best, as we only get one vote. but multiple accounts is definitely unfair practice. It's nothing at all like all the members of a family voting for the same person. it's EXACTLY one person in the family pretending to be each of the other family members .. who don't even exist ... lmao

• kj
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It doesn't really sound fair. But who cares what they do? It's not like you really get anything by earning points anyway. If they want to play around with that many ID's, that's their problem, not mine. They must not have a life out there. I don't need any more balls to juggle, plates to keep spinning than I already have.

LOL---I'm almost to Level 6. When I get up to Level 7 do you think I could win a new Hummer H2 or something?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You dont need a different ID to vote for your own answer

• 1 decade ago

Can only have two right.?I guess some one could do that.Why?It's not like your going to win something.I got in this to help people not get points that you cant use for anything.If they want 6,000 or what ever points and got them by cheating so what.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes I think so too!

I would forget who I was if I had more then one name in here lol! J/K, but no this is my only one....

When in chat rooms the same thing, peeps would come in in different names. Since my accident I could not keep up ....

• 1 decade ago

Voting their own best answers? That's just pathetic.

• 1 decade ago

That would be really time consuming for them to do that. Oh well, if they get off, on their own votes, let them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No different than having multiple members of your family vote for the same political candidate running for office.

So, what's your point?

• 1 decade ago

Some people have such sad lives that they have to do this, I would understand if people would do this if they were winning stuff, but if they do it just for points let them! does it affect you??

• 1 decade ago

Even if they get deleted, they just come right back.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.