which country is called "the roof of earth "?

Favorite Answer

tibet, but I guess it is now just a province of china, then being a country

The question was "What country?" Since Tibet isn't an own country, all the answers above are incorrect. Instead, Nepal or Bhutan would be the right answer. Both countries are entirely located in the Himalayan Mountains.

Actually, not even the question was asked correctly, because there is no country that is called "The Roof Of The World". It's the Himalayas themselves.

Source(s): My own knowledge

Tibet.

Being home to the tallest mountains in the world, in a metaphorical sense, the mountains are like a roof. Though they are more like tent poles or support beams holding up the roof of the world. The sky and atmosphere being the roof. The mountains being the support beams. Seeing as the world is round as a sphere it is the most unique roof in the world being it has no beginning or end. If ever there was a roof on a sphere I'd like to see it.

Feel free to email me with your picture of a roof on a sphere.

Nepal

Tibet is not an actually country, while Nepal is.

Nepal is home to Mt Everest and many of the worlds largest mountains

• JIMBO

Nepal, with the Himalayan Mts. having three of the ten highest mountains in the world, has been called this

Tibet.

I think its Tibet, because of its location at high altitude.

tibet!!!!!