Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

Professional References on a job application form?

I got stuck with this one, I nedd to put a professional reference on my job application form but I can't think of any and is it like someone not related to you that introduced you , for example in my case, to american eagle outfitters

thanks!

but what is the purpose of putting references?..sorry!

Favorite Answer

Hey Sandra K,

Stop Web-blog spamming!!!!!! Yahoo is gonna ban you.

A teacher or professor, A friend of the family, A member in a group you might be a part of. Those are some other areas to consider.

When it comes to references they are typically looking for personal references so you would put their home address. If you put a work reference down then you would fill out the job title and company and you would use their work address.

You can use your friends, former co-workers if possible, teachers you like, classmates and perhaps your school's guidance counselor. Remember: choose people who you can depend on for that reference. And make sure you choose people you've known for at least a year.

Happy job hunting!!