Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

Are their "men's jobs" and "women's jobs"?

Do you think that some jobs should only be for men? And should some jobs only be for women? Or should people be allowed to do any job their qualified for, no matter if they're male or female?

Favorite Answer

Well, one job that I can think of that can only be for women is "wet nurse" (someone who breastfeeds others babies) and one job I can think of for only men is Gigolo...(Male prostitute).

On a more serious note...I believe that anyone who is physically and mentally capable and qualified through school or life, should take on any job that fits, regardless of the standard gender roles assigned to some jobs.

I personally can't wait to vote in the 1st female president.

there should be no discrimination if a person can do the job without restriction. in the past women have been segregated from jobs because men thought women were physically unable to do it. i've heard of some places lowering standards to allow women in. this is completely wrong. if she can do the job as well as a man, she should get the job. i don't know of any job that a man is excluded from, only those where it's not as accepted.

Well, zero discrimination is great, but you're inevitably going to get jobs at which men or women are better. Sure, if there's a woman who can deal with the physical demands of being a builder, let them go for it. The truth is that most jobs can be done be either gender, but with some you just have to base decisions on ability and capacity.

First of all it's "are THERE..."

...and then I think we're over the time when there were Men's ad Women's jobs. (That was looooong ago) Everyone should be able to work as what they like and what they qualify for, but it should certainly not be categorized as men's or women's job. That's rediciolous!!

Oh and by the way Sononobird, there are male babysitters!!!!

I personally believe that any gender can do whatever job they want. If a man wants to be a gynocoligist, more power to him, If a woman wants to be a construction worker, you go girl. Just as long as you can do the job. I mean you should be qualified for whatever job you do and not be hired because you diversify the group.

I Hate to say this But But their Are Some JOB's For Men!!!

And their are some Jobs for Women!!!

I'm not trying to be Sexist but Men have the Body Mass for Strength vs that to Women.

Beside I know of no man that can have Baby!!!

Wahoo!!!

Source(s): KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KISS IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kny390

I think that the only job only a woman can do is childbirth. Anything else is regulated only by size and strength.

unless they want a man to study for scientific reaserch, terms like mens job and womans job are obsolete

• micho

i agree with u there is specific jobs is for womens and anothers for men

for example the president of the usa is allways a man u can notice that lol

and for womens there is a job for them like baby sitter is only for womens

there is no baby sitter man

but whatever womens now days do everything i appreciate that

Yeah,

cooking, cleaning - womens jobs

builders, plumbers - mens jobs

Hope that's cleared everything up