Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

hELPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!?

my natural hair color is dark brown, and i dyed it blonde! my roots are about 2 inches long, and i want to grow out my natural color, but i look like a skunk! will lowlights work to even out the color while it is growing out? & will it damage my chemicaly dead hair

Favorite Answer

There are a lot of differences in hair dye between light and dark, and a lot between brands so you need to be careful about the products you use.

My first recommendation would be to go to a hairdresser that you trust and tell her what you want. Also be sure to tell her what you used on your hair in the past. I would recommend having her dye the rest of your hair (permanent) to match your roots.

My second recommendation would be to contact the customer service number by the company who's product you used to go blond in the first place, and ask them what to do. (the number is on the box and on their website.) They have in-depth knowledge of the chemicals and how they react to each other. So therefore they can give you good advice that will not result in your hair burning off.

When brunettes dye their hair blond, it can often dry out the hair and make it brittle, so you need to be careful what you do or you might end up with it all breaking off.

Good luck!

How long ago did you dye your hair? If it's been more than a week you can color it. Instead of lowlighting, since you want your original color back, why don't you dye it back your natural color?

it would be better to get a temporary dye (the kind that washes out after a month or so) in a color that closely matches your natural color, and use that to cover the blonde while it is growing out.

good luck!

go to a hairdresser and ask for a cleansing treatment.. oftentimes they can remove most of the artificial hair color...... If that doesn't work i would by a cheapy hair coloring thing that matches your hair color and dye all the blonde to that color..........i hope all works out

Well if your hair is really damaged it mostlikely won't hold the low lights for verey long meaning it will fade fast. But if not low lights will brak up the solid blonde color and it won't look so bad

Buy a wig until you achieve your natural hair color!

OK! LISTEN!! You are in trouble here! Get to a good hairdresser ASAP! you can seriously damage your hair by fooling around with chemicals. Horror stories abound! LOL

get the permanet hair dye ! it doesnt cost that much at all ~!