?
Lv 5
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If the bipartisan Iraq Study Group recommends direct US diplomacy with Syria and Iran, should Bush agree?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Its worth a shot, would be even better, or easier to do if Iran wasnt trying to get Nukes. Look its not in Iran or Syria's intrest to see Iraq completly out of control, they just want to it to be on the brink to embarass us, if it spirals out of their control they will have a serious problem on their hands. I agree that we should not usually negotiate with rogue states, that is how the whole North Korea mess got out of hand, but this is a special problem, realisticly not matter how long I support this war, a weary American public( unjustifiably so, but so nonetheless) will not support the war indefenintly, therefore we should take the correct steps for a gradual exit, if we can control the radical elements in Iraq in the short term by cutting off their support from Iran then we can crush them later.

• 4 years ago

Bush and Co. will quickly communicate with Iran and Syria. The early denials will fall through the wayside and the Bush camp will 'practice' Bush for the showdown. Syria and Iran might want to have their personal time table and Bush and Co. might want to have theirs. opposite to favourite perception, Iraq has already talked with Iran and has alerady talked with Syria etc in the middle East. Plans are already in the making to deliver those in the area jointly. it truly is happening because those in the middle East are very attentive to what the united statesis able to and they are getting prepared. As has been stated earlier, those in the middle East will not in any respect enable the U.S. to regulate their oil. that is a given. they don't seem as dumb at they seem. umm and perchance we would want to enable or not that is universal that the Umted States aided Saddam with WMD's lengthy earlier the invasion. honest sufficient? umm back. seems as inspite of the actuality that many human beings are stricken through the actual undeniable actuality that the middle Easteners are so very wealthy. Bothers you doesn't it.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely NOT! Iran and Syria are both run by terrorist regimes. They certainly did a good job helping with the Israel-Hezbollah crisis, didn't they?!

Besides, we already TRIED direct U.S. diplomacy with Iran in the nineties! That's how we got where we are now!

In summary: YOU CANNOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS. You will ONLY encourage more acts of terror!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only reason to confer with those two rogue nations is 'cause we're on the way out and we need their help. Problem is - if we're on the way out they're not gonna help us! If we're not on the way out then their "help" would be like pouring gasoline on a fire. I don't see how talking to Syria and Iran are going to help us or the Iraqis.

P.S. I can't BELIEVE that the gangster al-Assad family is still walking around on this earth - they've been BEGGING for it for decades!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Since Iraq is already doing this Bush has no choice.! They are also going to recommend that troops are pulled back to Kuwait !

So it looks like the presidents stay the course option is another embarrassing moment for his supporters..stay tuned ..we find out DEC. 6Th

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. It could lead to black mail--let me have my nukes and I will stop the fighting in Iraq.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it will be hard because they appear one way but have ulterior motives if you look into their regimes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.