What is the best or easiest program to use for removing backgrounds from a digital photo?

Favorite Answer

Photoshop. Select the Lasso tool and while holding down ALT click along the outline of the part of the image you want to select. If you want to cut out the selection just "CUT" it out or if you want the area outside the slection, hold down ALT, SHIFT and I together, this will select "inverse". now you can "cut" out the background. I would suggest makinf a copy of the layer before doind that so that you can go back and compare with the background you want to replace the original one with.

Hope this helps.

Photoshop if you can afford it; If you have access to it, learn everything you can about Layer Mask. Making selections with lasso's and Color selections and deleting or painting over pixels only lead to irreversible mistakes. With a Mask, you can "Hide" areas with a paint brush... If you "Hide" too much of it, you can bring it back no harm done. Once the job is complete, Flatten the layers and it will make the Mask permanent.

Good luck.

You can do it in photoshop. Desaturate the image then use your history brush tool to bring back the color. The history brush is under the regular brush I believe. Make sure you don't grab the art history brush or you'll be doing something different. Good luck.

Adobe Photoshop. It's the easiest, but I didn't say it was easy. Try using the magic wand, lasso, and polygonal lasso tools.