Aliza asked in TravelUnited StatesSeattle · 1 decade ago

Who is tired of the snow in Seattle, Wa?

I know I am

• alex
    Favorite Answer

its not the snow I am tired of... its the driving. But at least it warmed up today, no more worries.

I am! I am! Pick Me! I live just west of Seattle across the Sound, in Silverdale. I have been house-bound since Sunday. We got a total of 10 inches of snow. My road hasn't been plowed nor has the ajoining road (my only way out). The snow hasn't melted enough yet to try the hill at the end of my driveway. So, I was actually hoping for the rain, if anyone can believe that!

The snow has only been here since Sunday. I'm more tired of the record amount of rain for November- what- 15.4 inches!

Actually, I live in Bellingham (about 80 miles north of Seattle) where there was 11 inches of snow. It was fun but now it's melting.

I lived in Silverdale for 2 years in the 80's and it snowed a total of about 1/4 of an inch.

I live in Texas so the only snow I've seen is on TV! It may sleet here or iceover but snow, not so much. I'd hate to live where it snows so much you can hardly drive. I'd like to visit though. Experience a white Christmas at least once! Yesterday it was almost 80 degrees. Today its 35 and rainy! That good ol' East Texas weather can change in a heartbeat!

Consider yourself lucky! I live way over in Upstate New York where it's supposed to be cold and snowing at this time of year. It's freakin 70 degrees and tomorrow is December 1! Talk about global warming.

Well for snow, seattle doesn't get that much. So I'm enjoying it as much as I can (before I have to drive over the pass that is).

beginning from the superb right here. I stay in Las Vegas, NV yet am born and raised around Redmond, WA (slightly city called Monroe, that's 15 to twenty minutes from Redmond.) a million) i be responsive to there is Public Transportation from Redmond to Seattle. To be trustworthy, it quite is swifter to pass to Seattle in a vehicle, it quite is approximately 20 minutes if even that. you will pass the 522 bridge, which works over Lake Washington (in the adventure that your coming for the duration of that bridge going returned to Redmond from Seattle you will see invoice Gates homestead on the Redmond edge of Lake Washington in a community called Medina). 2) certainly, i might say stay in Redmond in the adventure that your getting a activity. they have an inclination to pay greater appropriate than in Seattle in basic terms with the aid of fact that human beings in Redmond/Bellevue tend to have/make greater money consistent with three hundred and sixty 5 days on frequent. 3) fee of dwelling isn't undesirable in any respect while your comparing that to la. you will probable be finding at $800-$900 consistent with month for a large place yet i be responsive to you will detect a studio for around $seven-hundred. 4) Redmond/Bellevue are rather lots an analogous city now, they have grown lots and merged at the same time. there is likewise Kirkland that's in basic terms down the expressway from Redmond/Bellevue on I-405. i might certainly say to stay around that section, if no longer verify out Seattle. The dwelling in Seattle is marvelous, in basic terms with the entire subculture and all. it quite is alluring. 5) climate.... properly in case you go with moist and chilly lol you have appeared into the terrific place, it quite is for constructive. It does not snow all that lots, in basic terms rain lol! I went returned for Christmas final three hundred and sixty 5 days and particularly to be trustworthy, it quite is rather much depressing in specific circumstances in case you have lived in it that long. i for my section take exhilaration in the cooler climate, thinking i'm dwelling in one hundred fifteen levels presently. in any case, i'm hoping this facilitates and additionally you take exhilaration on your not sleep in Washington. it quite is actual a alluring place. in the adventure that your a guy or woman that likes trekking or seeing the wonders of nature, pass verify out the Olympic Peninsula and notice the rainforest there. There are large wood, you will see what I mean. 2)

Well I'd take snow over the rain and flooding we've been having anyday.