?
? asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Do the Yankees need old man Clemens, they have Johnson its time to go younger?

Favorite Answer

I love the Yankees but I must say that they really do need some youth in that starting rotation.

I think its a waste of money Johnson could pitch but his arm is blowing out and clemens is not to talk about. I doesnt matter if they need some of the expierenced guys they should of gave up money for the guy who pitch for japan in the World Baseball Classic (Daisuke Matsuzaka) . I love the yankees but they waste money and the old players.

• Oz

They do not need Clemens or Pettite. We're stuck with Johnson for two more years so we better grin and bear it. Igawa brings some youth to our 4th starter position and Philip Hughes is on the radar now just waiting for his chance to show his stuff. Wang isn't old and they are going to pick up another starter , I hope, soon. If its Lilly or Meche they're both still in their 20's.

Clemens is a great pitcher. he will be valuable in any team. And if he signs with the Yanks (i doubt about it, but...) he will become another Yankee in the HOF. Johnson is another story, his time has come, and if he has some dignity he has to retire and negociate his salary for next year to be paid in years to come. I absolutly hate that dude, but i hate more Pavano.

• The yankees need to stop going for old players and start recruiting young ones. I particularly like Felix Hernandez, he is awesome.

As a yankee hater, George is only after what he can pay for and he is hoping for one more World Series. He needs to get rid of A-Rod and Little man Jeter and look to the future with the big bank roll he would free up.

They need some young arms that still have not hit their prime. Guys like Johnson are WAY past their prime.

Always get the best players available at the time.

WELL EXPIRIENCE IS GOOD CLEMENS IS GOOD BUT SOME YOUNG ARMS R GOOD

• WC

These guys are still able to win games, and that is all that matters.