do you think that a "baby daddy" has an obligation....?

to the "baby momma"?lol Do you think that he should be with her JUST b/c they had a baby together??

ok the LOL means that im using these terms SARCASTICALLY....=0) and i agree with most of you....im in a "situation" with a young, dumb, desperate girl who wont leave my guy alone-makes him feel bad-but doesnt step up to the plate like a mother should..HIS family is just as bad..no clue about life etc. etc. just wanted to see what other people think..thanks =0)

Favorite Answer

no

no, it definatly isn't a good idea to get married just because you had a baby with someone. I almost made that mistake a week ago...she isn't due until June, but she wasn't sure that she wanted to get married while I was, even though she was willing to it would have been for the baby.

I really love her, but she isn't sure and because of the stress and feeling like we had to be married she began to treat me really harshly, which pretty much killed any relationship we may have been able to have.

The thing about it is if she wasn't going into the marraige with the desire of being married to me she wouldn't have been happy, and in turn I would have been miserable. So then the baby would have come and we would have been fighting just as we have been and not been able to provide a good environment for a child to be raised, so we broke it off and we are going to spend time apart...anything possible to stop the fighting that was caused by the stress we were feeling.

Maybe sometime in the future things will be better between us, I am hoping it will...but it is a lot better for a baby to not have both parents around all the time if they will just be fighting or unhappy. Don't push him away if he wants to be there for the baby, but don't feel like you are required to be with him because you have a baby together,non-married parents are far better than a disfuntional family.

I think that if a baby mom and dad have a baby together then they should stay together as a family for the sake of the child. That is unless it was a fliing or a one night stand. But if you have been with someone for a while and you have a baby with them I think they do have a certain obligation to stay with the mom for the babies sake. I Dont neccessarily belive that its bad to stay with someone just because you have a baby together if the relationship is reletively funtional...if its dysfunctional then no. But having a baby together is a pretty damn good reason to stay with someone and settle down.

if to people dont want to be together it will not be ahppy relationship which means it will effect the baby. the baby does not need be effected by it. Man should be happy. mom should be happy. But if the man wants to me a man and take responsibility for his own then he can still be there for the baby they same for the mother. good luck. the baby daddy has an obligation of still taking care of the baby.

• kj

I think he has an obligation to the baby, to love, care for, and be a father to him/her, and he has an obligation to the baby's mother to do his part to help raise the child. He doesn't need to be "with her" to do that, and it's a particularly bad idea if it's just for the "sake of the baby". That leads to resentment, and an unhappy life for everybody concerned. Babies thrive much better in loving households, even if it's two different ones. The two adults need to be able to get along well enough to work together in raising baby because babies need a stable foundation, and the loving influence of both parents in their life.

No, although he does have an obligation to help her. As in child support, visitations, a sympathetic ear, a sholder to cry on and not to mention his obligation to the child. He needs to be there to help raise that baby. If its a girl especially. Girls who dont have a positive male role model growing up are more likely to use drugs and have sex at an exteremly young age. People need to think about this before they have sex, even protected sex isnt safe.

If they are in love then yes they should be and people shouldnt be having children together unless they are in love and married. But no they shouldnt be together just for that, but having said that it doesnt mean that the mom and that dad shouldnt GET ALONG for the childs sake and dad still has a responsibilty to be in that childs life and support it emotionally and financially.

No. Not if they are going to be at each other's throats all the time. I think that a baby has to be brought up in a stable happy environment, and if that can only happen with the parents not together, then so be it :)

No I dont think he should be with the mother because of the baby cause that could also be a bad thing. It could be an unhealthy situation for the baby also.

To be honest i'm single with 2 kids and both of my baby daddys are not worth the time in day i dont let my kids around them because of there life style and my sons dad indicates that he dont want to see his son if he cant be with me ( what is this) I asked both of them you gonna stand on the block the rest of your life ( what)

Obligated to be with the Mother, no.

Obligated to support the baby,yes.

Source(s): Single Mother, with a dumb ass "baby DONOR"