what is life like when you have kids?

Favorite Answer

Hectic and rewarding all mixed into one. You experience the joy of your child going through stages such as learning to sit, talk, walk, and then run. Then there is the time when they go through school and after school activities. It is the most rewarding experience anyone can have. Although life is hectic (between schedules outside of school, work, and home), at the end of the day an "I love you mom" seems to be the greatest reward ever!

Source(s): A mom of one

They just blend into your daily flow. You get to do fun goofy stuff that you'd never get to do as an adult. You may have to ask a person to stop dancing and get in the car.

You see a lot of things you wouldn't see otherwise, and you see things a lot differently, because you discuss things with them.

You learn a lot about yourself, because you have to come up with a lot of answers, but you have to be careful about these answers, because you're shaping the psyche another human being. You eventually realize that they probably won't die because you let them out of your sight for a minute, and you find out no-one cares if you wear pajamas to the store.

You get a bit overwhelmed by this little person who truly believes you have all the answers and can always fix whatever; the thought of failing them almost causes you physical pain.

It's not all fun; they have their moments and you do too. You learn a level of patience that I don't think can be aquired otherwise. You realize that wearing mismatched socks is not the worst thing a person could do.

You learn to pick your battles and get good at creative compromise. You learn when to keep your mouth shut even if it kills you and sometimes it just about does, but you learn that sometimes you have to let them figure it out on their own. You look for opportunitys to say yes, because no is often necessary.

And you are frequently amazed by what an awesome individual your child is.

Source(s): Being Tinkerbell's Mom.

Your whole world changes! You are no longer responsible for just you. If you are not ready and you have a choice, don't try to be a parent. But if you are ready to spend the rest of you life, creating another human being, have fun. i am not being negative, i have two children and they are my life, oh i have work and friends and so on. but the most important job you will ever have is being a parent. what you teach that child is what they will be, forever---the first years are the most important and the hardest because it's so hard to tell what your actions will develop in the child. my children are raised and out of my house but they are still my children, they call several times a week and visit often. they have never hung up the phone or left my house with out saying "mom i love you" and they had never gone a day from birth till they left home with out hearing me tell them i loved them.

It is the most fulfilling thing that has ever come into my life. everyone keeps asking me what my favorite hobby is and without battering an eyelash, I must say "being a mom". all of your stressful days and moments are all put to rest as soon as you see your child's face light up when you walk in the door. you live for your child and it is the best feeling in the world. there is nothing to be prouder of.....you MADE another human being...the best parts of you and your partner. what else is more amazing? You get tired from time to time, but when the day is over, you're refreshed for the next day and would do it over and over and over again. a true answer to this question is hard to explain...there is so much to say with such little room.

Here's mine:

Wake up, take shower, get ready for work, wake up kids(4 & 7) get them dressed, feed them breakfast, make lunches, drive to 2 different schools, drive to work, work til 6, drive to pick up kids from latchkey, get home @ 7. Make some sort of acceptable dinner, clean up, give kids baths, do homework with them, go to sleep, wake up and do the same thing the next day. Exciting huh!

It can be the most beautiful thing in the world ,but you have to really want to have them.It can be quite challenging sometimes too,especially when they get older and you are teaching them right from wrong,because when they are teen-agers they think that us adults are ALWAYS wrong .They forget that WE were teen-agers once too,and we are just trying to protect them.I could not even imagine my life without my children.I love them so much and are so proud of them!!!

You actually expect anyone to explain to you what life is like when you have children? Do you have time to read a book? Because that's the length of explanation neccessary to answer your question.

it depends on whether or not you want kids. it's a very hard job. a lot of work. a lot of lost sleep. a lot of selflessness. a lot of worrying. a lot of discipline. a lot of money spent. a lot of frustration. but i wouldn't trade my kids in for the world. i love them. it's just overwhelming at times to think that i am responsible for the way two human beings turn out. a lot of resposibility is involved it's definitely not for someone who is selfish or doesn't want to give up their freedom.

joyful, tiring at times, but mostly joyful., lets not forget expensive. When they are babies your time is consumed with feeding, changing and tending to them which leaves a mom little time of rest, however, whenyou watch them grow up to become responsible adults, you can sit back, relax and be proud of the job you have accomplished.

um. i feel like everything runs together. you just get into this routine, taking care of things. i don't get to sleep in anymore either. not even on the weekends. it would be great if i had a break like that. but, i wouldn't trade it for anything.