cute4runner asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How much would xray cost (3 views) for a 35 lb dog?

My sister thinks her dog of 12 yrs need to get a chest xray taken for his lungs and heart. I am just wondering how much does xray of 3 views usually cost for a 35 lb (medium sized) dog? I live in Philly and the vet that I go to quoted me $150 for xray (not sure how many views). I called this nonprofit pet clinic in NYC (where my sister lives) and thier xray cost $120. Now, I would think Philly would be cheaper, but NO!! (this is w/out sedating the dog) Thanks for your help!!

Favorite Answer

My dog was in recovery from surgery last year and I had to take him to the vet every couple of months to get chest x-rays (in the Chicago area). They would do 2 views and the x-rays would cost around $110. He is a 65-pound dog. He's very gentle, so they never had to sedate him. Sounds like $120-$150 is an accurate price for 3 views. Call a few places, though. I switched vets after my dog's surgery and the new vet's prices are definitely lower. Smaller, more low-key, vet practices have better prices in my experience. Good luck to your sister and her dog!!

At the clinic I used to work at, the first x-ray was about $100, and additional shots were about $40. We only sedated a dog for x-rays if it was completely wild and unwilling to sit still or was prone to having a bad temper and biting.

That sounds pretty accurate. Sedation if necessary should only cost $30 or less (the vet will use gas sedation).

Source(s): vet assistant

You really shouldnt sudate for an xray anyways, here my vet charges 80 for Xrays

500$ to much i can talk to the vet and make it 50$ u r my bff

that's about the going rate, for three views, keep checking around for better prices, maybe you will get lucky

800 billion

call and ask your vet