My son is vomitting how can i get him comfortable?

My 9 month old is vomitting and i need sugestions on conforting and helping stop him from vomitting. besides worrying about dehydration.

Favorite Answer

You need to give his stomach a rest. Don't give him anything else to eat for awhile. No drinks or foods for a couple hours. Later, give him a small amout of juice or something and if he can keep it down then give him a little more later on.

They make infant dimenhydrinate (anti barfing meds lol aka gravol), get yourself some. If hes vomiting and having the runs I would suggest getting yourself some pedalyte helps treat and prevent dydration along with the dimenhydrinate he should keep it down. I wouldnt suggest anything ealse, no milk, no juice! If theres a fever which will usually strick in the evenings try a bath first then if that doesnt lower it give childrens tyonel!

Call the baby's doctor or if he/she doesn't have one call the hospital and ask to talk to a nurse. The greatest risk is dehydration so please try to get the baby liquids. If you are still breastfeeding breastfeed! Try to get him to drink. Stay away from juices as there is a lot of sugar but formula and water are fine. Also feed using the BRAT diet -Bananas, Rice cereal, Applesauce, and Toast. Please though call your doctor for a diagnosis!

Source(s): Doctor's advice when my 3 girls have been sick with the flu.

Keep him upright, even sleeping in his car seat if you have to. Have several changes of clothes ready for both of you. Just hold him and clean up as quickly and gently as possible. My 20 month old just had a terrible flu. I did more laundry in that week than I did all month I swear. I did "force" fluids by using a medicine syringe to help with dehydration.

Good Luck Mom, I know it is tough on both of you.

Call your doctor. You can also give him liquid Benedryl (over the counter), that will help him stop vomiting. When he calms down with the vomiting, make give him some Pedialyte (also over the counter) to re-hydrate him.

get his tummy to relax, make him comfy and call your doctor. Good Luck

pedialyte for now and nothing else....absolutely no milk....hold his hand mommy and call the pediatrician....little guys gotta be scared....good luck

eat cracker, hot soup, hot tea, or toast of bread with butter it will HELP to stop vomitting..

cool cloth on forehead . not that he will let you keep it there long

call your doctor right away and give him pedialyte