Question on Auto Insurance?

I live in California. I noticed on my insurance policy that I did not have collsion or comprehensive coverage on my car. I called my insurance company yesterday in the a.m. and told them to add the full coverage. I had an accident last night about 7 hours later. A lady turned left in front of me. Even if I was at fault which I don't think I was, did that updated coverage go into effect when I called the insurance company and told them to add it?

Update:

I did not mention that yes, I was told the coverage was immediate but I was concerned due to the timeline of the update and the accident. I since called them and they have said yes, I'm covered. I'm concerned about this pre-inspection though, they haven't mentioned it.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes it should have

• 4 years ago

I suggest you to try this website where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://quotes-for-insurance.net/index.html?src=2YA...

RE :Question on Auto Insurance?

I live in California. I noticed on my insurance policy that I did not have collsion or comprehensive coverage on my car. I called my insurance company yesterday in the a.m. and told them to add the full coverage. I had an accident last night about 7 hours later. A lady turned left in front of me. Even if I was at fault which I don't think I was, did that updated coverage go into effect when I called the insurance company and told them to add it?

Update: I did not mention that yes, I was told the coverage was immediate but I was concerned due to the timeline of the update and the accident. I since called them and they have said yes, I'm covered. I'm concerned about this pre-inspection though, they haven't mentioned it.

Follow 8 answers

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Generally talking, yes. There will definately be an investigation into coverage before they pay as getting into an accident right after you get coverage looks very suspicious.

But, next time...take this as a life lesson that you should LISTEN when you make changes like this. They should have made it perfectly clear to you on the phone when the coverage took affect. Didnt you bother to ask?

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

You can find the best rates and offers for your insurance at: COVERAGEDEALS.NET

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

You can save on your insurance by compare quotes at DEALSQUOTE.INFO-

RE Question on Auto Insurance?

• 6 years ago

For free insurance quotes

• 1 decade ago

If she turned left in front of you while you had the right of way, you aren't at fault and the police report will show that. So, no worries. It won't affect your policy at all.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Usually the car would have to be inspected to make sure there was no prior damage!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.