Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Did anyone have a baby at least 7 pounds at 37 weeks that was on a breathing machine>?

Favorite Answer

my last son was born at 37 weeks and was on breathing machines. He was grunting when he was born and they started with an oxygen tank thinking this would help him but it didnt, so they put him on breathing tubes and gave him meds to help his lungs. The sac in their lungs were sticking together instead of opening and closing like normal babies do. He was on 100% oxygen at times and it was very scary. He was in the Nicu for 3 weeks, before they finally had him breathing on his own. He had tubes everywhere. He then had to learn to eat on his own means they were feeding him through a tube when they had him sanctioned. I didnt hear my baby cry until he was 3 weeks old. Goodluck but they know what they are doing :) he will be fine! i now have a healthy 4 year old :)

My Daughter was about 37 weeks, weighed 7lbs. 11 oz. and she was in intensive care for over a week. She was incubated for the first 2 days then had breathing assitance. She didn't eat until about 3 or 4 days after she was born and was on a billie blanket for a month. Now she is a healthy 2 year old that never stops running or or talking. I hope everythign works out for you!

my baby was 7 pounds 14 oz at 38 weeks and was not on a breathing machine. hope things work out good luck

They put my daughter on a machine because she had inhaled some of the muecconium (spelling?) on the way out of the birth canal. She was okay after a week and has had no other lasting problems.

I was 3lbs 14oz and was 6 weeks earlier, i was on breathing machines and all kind of things, and i still lived.